The Apex Legends Iron Crown Collection event is live. We now have access to Solo mode in Apex Legends along with a host of new cosmetics and changes. Take a look at the event details and Apex Legends patch notes here.
The Iron Crown event in Apex Legends is live, bringing us Double XP, Solo mode, and a host of new cosmetics. Here's a breakdown of the event from the official Apex Legends blog along with the full list of patch notes posted to Reddit.
Iron Crown Event
The Iron Crown collection event is here, which will bring us:
- Limited-Time Mode – Solos
- Octane Town Takeover
- Double XP for Top 5 and Wins Weekend
- A special Iron Crown Collection Pack and Iron Crown Event Store
- With Bloodhound Heirloom Set Preview
- Exclusive event challenges with free loot
Here's a breakdown of what will be included in the Iron Crown event.
Limited-Time Mode – Solos
That’s right, we’re finally dipping our toes in the Solo waters. While we are committed to Apex Legends delivering a competitive, three-player squad experience, we’re going to put Solos in for a limited time. We are always striving to ensure healthy matchmaking across all modes, so it's too early to say whether Solos will be permanent or not, but we're going to watch and see what happens. As always, we want to hear your feedback, so let us know what you think.
Octane Town Takeover
Octane has taken over part of Kings Canyon and done a bit of remodeling to better suit his adrenaline-seeking tendencies. Check out the mega jump pad course and Ring of Fire to eliminate enemy squads in style. We’re always looking for new ways to weave Legend personalities into the map, and this change will remain part of Kings Canyon even after the event ends. If the community enjoys these types of town takeovers we’ll look into adding more for other Legends in the future.
A special Iron Crown Collection Pack
Apex Legends Collection Events bring a set of themed, limited-time content to Kings Canyon. Open Iron Crown Collection Packs for a 50% shot at an Epic item and a 50% shot at a Legendary item from a set of 24 themed items. No Commons, no Rares, and no duplicates will be included in these packs.
A fixed loot pool with no duplicates means that if you unlock all 12 Epics and still have items remaining, you’re guaranteed a Legendary on every future Iron Crown Collection Pack opening.
Iron Crown Event Store
The Iron Crown Collection Event also introduces a new event currency, Crowns, which can be earned from challenges and received from Iron Crown Collection Packs. Crowns can be spent in the new limited-time event store to unlock Event-Limited Rare, Epic, and Legendary content.
During the event, if you unlock all 24 Iron Crown Collection Pack items, you’ll be able to get Bloodhound’s Heirloom Set with Apex Coins. The Bloodhound Heirloom Set will enter the standard Apex Pack bonus pool after the Iron Crown Preview Event ends.
Unspent Crowns will automatically convert to Crafting Metals at the end of the event. All Iron Crown Collection Packs and Iron Crown Store content are Event Limited.
Event Challenges with Free Loot
During the Iron Crown Collection Event, complete a variety of challenges to earn two Iron Crown Collection Packs, exclusive Iron Crown event badges, and Crowns.
Double Top 5 and Wins XP Weekend
From 10:00 a.m. PT on August 16 through 10:00 a.m. PT on August 19, players will earn double XP for Top 5 finishes and wins. This bonus will affect both Account Level and Battle Pass progression.
For additional details on the Iron Crown Collection Event, head over to our FAQ here. As always, we appreciate all of your support and feedback. Can’t wait to see you on the Frontier!
Respawn also posted their Apex Legends patch notes on Reddit. Here's all of the bug fixes, buffs, and nerfs included in the patch.
- Fixed issue where assigned challenges not resetting properly and giving rewards.
- Fixed bug causing incorrect calculation of Kill/Death Ratio in player stats.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes a Care Package would clip into map geometry.
- Fixed a bug that was sometimes showing Apex Predator ranked players RP as zero when viewing the badge in the Lobby.
- Fixed issue with players having connection issues when trying to join a squad that has already played a match.
- Fixed issue where Daily and Weekly Challenges would reset earlier than communicated in the game.
- [Xbox Only] Fixed bug where players would sometimes not receive “The Player” achievement when hitting level 50.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes Arc Stars would attach to players and some objects at a distance and appear to float off of them.
- Fixed bug where sometimes Arc Stars would not explode or do no damage when it detonates.
- Fixed issue with players sometimes unable to unlock the “Double Duty” Badge.
- Fixed bug where sometimes using a healing item while experiencing bad ping would cause them to heal for twice as much.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Added a Death Recap to the end of match summary that will display a damage summary of your last battle.
Improved the UI during the Match Summary to better show Battle Pass progression.
Added In-game Survey
- While playing you may get a prompt that will pop up asking if you enjoyed the last match. This data will be helpful to us so please provide your input when you see it.
Added option to spectate your squadmates after dying.
- Added option to “Invite Squad” in the Squad Tab.
- Players should no longer lose RP when experiencing a server crash or disconnect in Ranked Mode.
- Fixed issue where squadmates could not ping a friendly Wraith portal.
- Fixed issue where players could pull other players out of a match by joining them, and then joining another friend from the Lobby.
- Fixed issue where sometimes a player would get left behind from their squad in the Lobby after they enter a match.
- Fixed issue where players would sometimes get a “Party Not Ready” error message even though they were no longer in a party.
- Fixes that should improve overall game stability to reduce crashes.
Disruptor Rounds with Alternator:
- Reduced Shielded damage multiplier 1.7 -> 1.55.
- Designer Notes: Disruptor rounds on the alternator are shredding shields a bit too quickly and still proving to be stronger than intended, so we're reducing the disruptor rounds multiplier on shield damage.
- Increased Magazine Size for all tiers to the following:
- Base: 16
- Common: 19
- Rare: 22
- Epic: 25
- Designer Notes: We’re giving the RE-45 a small boost in power by giving it one more round for every mag size. Downing a non-fortified enemy with the RE-45 with 0, 50, 75, and 100 shields requires 10, 14, 16, and 19 shots respectively, so this extra round gives the gun the ability to one-mag more armored enemies instead of leaving them barely alive.
- Increased vertical and horizontal recoil. Slightly increased recoil pattern randomness.
- Designer Notes: We’ve made these changes as we’ve seen that the R301 is a bit stronger than intended at long range. We’ve adjusted recoil to balance keeping it effective at medium to close range--which is the original intent--but it should be more difficult for players to auto fire and still laser enemies at long distances.
- Made adjustments to Pathfinder’s and Low-Profile Legends hitboxes.
- Taking shots to the hip now does torso damage instead of leg damage. This should more closely match the behavior of the other Legends.
- Fixed a bug where activating a healing item would cancel the Ultimate for Legends that need to prime it [Bangalore / Pathfinder / Caustic / Gibraltar / Bloodhound]
- Fixed an exploit where players would sometimes be able to still shoot while downed.
- Increased the distance that Bloodhound can see traversal clues left by other players [but not other kinds of clues] to 25 meters.
- Adjusted the area of effect for Bloodhound’s Tactical to 125 fov.
- Based on player feedback, we’ve reduced the “hum” audio that’s playing while using Wraith’s Kunai.
- Fixed issue where actions for Wrath would have a slight delay when her weapon is holstered and crouching or sliding while the kunai is equipped.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to remove the cooldown for Wraith’s Tactical Ability.
- Fixed bug where Mirage was able to stay invisible and still be able to shoot and melee when using his Ultimate on a zipline.
- Fixed bug where sometimes Octane’s Jump Pad would not launch the player.